Assalamu Alaikum Parents of Group B & C FNO Girls:
We would like to invite your girls 10 years old & up this Saturday, March 4th, 2017, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM for an event at Feed My Starving Children.
Located in: Mesa Fiesta Power Center
Address: Mesa Fiesta Power Center, 1345 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210
The event has been reserved especially for ICEV FNO youth program
Here are the details of the reservation
Group Name: ICEV FNO
Group Leader: Shaimaa El-Gendy
Date and Time: Sat, March 4th, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Feed My Starving Children® is a non-profit organization empowering volunteers to pack meals for the malnourished in nearly 70 countries, hungry in body and spirit. Their approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and they ship these meals to their distribution partners. FMSC meals have reached nearly 70 countries around the world in our history.
Please confirm by replying back to this email no later than FRIDAY NOONincluding the names of the people attending (first and last name of the girl and the adult).
A flyer had been sent home last Friday, ask your daughter for details.
In order to secure your spot if your girls can make it, we have ONLY 40 SPOTS available for our girls and adults to fill. It will be based on first come first serve.
Thank you for the parents who already responded. You and your daughter spot have been reserved.
We highly encourage you and your girls to participate and we look forward to seeing you.
This is not a drop-off event. They have a ratio of adults/students and parents are required to stay the whole event to meet the ratio. Other members of the family are welcome to attend as long as you meet the requirement.
Please follow this student-to-adult ratio when registering to volunteer:
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed in our packing area (sorry, no exceptions)
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult*
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult
- Please note: Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult(an adult is someone 18 years of age or older).
- Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutesprior to your packing session to check-in. Your orientation and packing instructions will take place during your scheduled shift time.
- We highly recommend all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes. If you volunteer in the warehouse, closed-toed shoes will be required. Otherwise, please come in clean, comfortable clothes.
- No jewelry is permitted in the packing room, labeling areas, Warehouse Crew area or when inspecting raw ingredients.
- Prohibited jewelry includes earrings, watches, rings, necklaces, pins, brooches, etc.
- Wedding bands are permitted. However, if your band has a stone, you will be required to wear a glove.
Also, please visit the following link to adhere to the volunteer requirement.
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan,