Assalamu Alaikom Dear Parents,
FNO will have a field trip to “Feed My Starving Children” (FMSC) on Saturday, February 24th, 2018 from 2:00 PM- 4:00 PM.
Feed My Starving Children® is a non-profit organization empowering volunteers to pack meals for the malnourished in nearly 70 countries, hungry in body and spirit. Their approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and they ship these meals to their distribution partners. FMSC meals have reached nearly 70 countries around the world in our history.
Address: Mesa Fiesta Power Center, 1345 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210
There are 100 spots reserved for FNO parents and students of both groups boys and girls except KK group ( 5 and 6 years old )!
Please keep in mind that FMSC have specific ratio adult/kids.
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult
- Note: Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (an adult is someone 18 years of age or older).
- Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your packing session to check-in. Your orientation and packing instructions will take place during your scheduled shift time.
- We highly recommend all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes. If you volunteer in the warehouse, closed-toed shoes will be required. Otherwise, please come in clean, comfortable clothes.
- No jewelry is permitted in the packing room, labeling areas, Warehouse Crew area or when inspecting raw ingredients.
- Prohibited jewelry includes earrings, watches, rings, necklaces, pins, brooches, etc.
- Wedding bands are permitted. However, if your band has a stone, you will be required to wear a glove.
Also, please visit the following link to adhere to the volunteer requirement.
Thank you and Jazakum Allah Kheiran for your continued support and cooperation.
What’s coming up?
- March 9: “Meet & Greet Picnic” event
- March 16: Spring Break – FNO not in session
- March 23: FNO back in session
- April 6: Boys basketball
- May 4: FNO Spring 2018 Semester