Groups B, C & D (10 & Older) young adults will participate in off-site volunteering on Friday Feb. 11th. There will be NO classes for them at the Masjid. The rest of the groups and classes, KK & A (5 to 9 yrs old boys & girls) are scheduled to be at the Masjid. See more details below.
Assalamu Alaikum Respected FNO Parents,
We would like to invite you and your daughter/son in group B, C and D ( 10 and older boys and girls) to pack meals at “Feed My Starving Children” on Friday, February 11th 7:00-8:45 PM. We have 107 spots reserved for the FNO group. (Link below to add names). There will be no class at the masjid for the above groups but all others resume as normal.
Here are the details of the “Feed My Starving Children” reservation & guide.
- The event has been reserved especially for ICEV FNO
- Located in: Mesa Fiesta Power Center. You must arrive there by 6:45PM.
- Address: Mesa Fiesta Power Center, 1345 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210 (Alma School & Southern)
- Group Name: ICEV FNO
- Link to register: https://www.fmsc.org/join-group?joincode=X0GN01
- Date and Time: Friday, February 11th, 7:00-8:45 PM
- Phone: (480) 626-1970
- Website: https://www.fmsc.org/
Feed My Starving Children® is a non-profit organization empowering volunteers to pack meals for the malnourished in nearly 70 countries, hungry in body and spirit. Their approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and they ship these meals to their distribution partners. FMSC meals have reached nearly 70 countries around the world in our history.
We highly encourage you and your kids to participate and we look forward to seeing you.
This is not a drop off event as they have a ratio of adults/students and parents are required to stay the whole event to meet the ratio and other members of the family are welcome to attend as long as you meet the requirement.
Jewelry Policy: to comply with FDA requirements, no jewelry is allowed in the general food packing area. Please remind your group to not bring or be prepared to remove all necklaces, earrings, watches and rings (wedding bands allowed). In addition, medical alert bracelets may be worn.
Ratio: students to adults if bringing a school/youth group
Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult
In order to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff amid the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteering will look a little different than in the past. Please carefully review the following changes:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 please stay home.
- All volunteers are expected to follow CDC guidelines related to masks. Masks are strongly recommended for all staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. FMSC will not request proof of vaccination and trusts its volunteers and staff to make decisions that will best support the health and safety of its staff and volunteers alike.
- All volunteers will go through a verbal symptom screening upon arrival.
- Social distancing: Members of a group will not be socially distanced from each other, but will be socially distanced from other groups. However, larger groups will be split into smaller subgroups that will be socially distanced from each other.
- If you or anyone in your group develops symptoms while packing, you and your entire group will be asked to leave immediately.
- If you are in a high risk category, please stay home.
- A reservation is required to pack. No walk-ins can be accepted.
- If someone has been sick (ie. Nausea, vomiting, fever) in the last 24-48 hours, they can’t pack food with us
- No food, drink, bags, purses, etc. are allowed in the packing area. We have lockers that people can put items in.
- We use Soy as our protein source. It is an allergen. If someone knows they are allergic to Soy, we can have them label bags and not pack at a table.
- We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your packing session. This gives time to check-in on the computers, grab a hair net, remove jewelry and find a seat prior to orientation.
- Children need to be at least 5 years old to be back in the packing room/at the tables. If you are bringing children younger than five, we can set them up with adult supervision, in our orientation room to label our food bags.
- Please note: Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (an adult is someone 18 years of age or older).
- We highly recommend all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes. If you volunteer in the warehouse, closed-toed shoes will be required. Otherwise, please come in clean, comfortable clothes.
- Also, please visit the following link to adhere to the volunteer requirement.
- Volunteering policies
- Allergy information
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan,