Dear Parents of FNO Girls, Group B,
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!
This coming Friday (October 4), for the girls of GROUP B ONLY (ages 10-12), there will not be a regular FNO class session at ICEV Masjid. Instead, we have a MOVIE NIGHT scheduled at Sis Fatima’s house.
All other groups will have their classes at the Masjid as usual.
The details of the event are below:
What: An Educational Movie Night with discussion.
Who is invited?: ONLY the girls of Group B. NO SIBLINGS ALLOWED.
When: Friday, October 4th, 2019
Time: 6:00- 9:00 pm. Parents, please do not drop off earlier, or pick up later than 9:00 unless you have cleared it first with the Group B teacher.
Movie planned: Megamind
- The objective: To encourage our kids to connect the messages, whether good or bad, that they are getting from media such as movies, to the Islamic values, ahadith, lessons from the Qur’an, etc. that we teach them, and to use Islamic values as the standard to understand those messages better and filter them appropriately.
Where: Sis Fatima’s home at:
861 N Pineview Dr
Chandler, AZ 85226
Some more essential details:
- Please make sure that you are comfortable with your daughter watching the cartoon and taking part in the discussion about it.
- We’re planning to start the movie at 6:30 sharp.
- Please no arriving after 6:45 for this class session. We need to not only watch the movie, but more importantly, discuss it thoroughly in order for the girls to understand the lessons. If any of the girls arrive late, it will be distracting to the other students, and those arriving late will not really understand the movie/discussion. So once again, the latest time to arrive for this class session is 6:45.
- FYI: There will be NO MEN PRESENT in the home during the class time.
- We’ll be providing snacks and drinks for the girls, but you’re welcome to send a snack if you like.
JazakumAllahu Khairan, we look forward to the girls joining us for a fun and educational evening on Friday, inShaAllah! :)