Assalamu Alaikum Respected FNO Parents,
We are sending this email hoping to plan your day/evening better for tomorrow, Bi IdhniAllah. There will be a couple of events happening tonight Friday, February 7th, InShaa’ Allah.
1- “Proud To Be A Muslim – Youth Night:” (ages 10+) with Imam Yusha Evans also happening at ICEV Masjid 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. We encourage parents with kids 10+ years to join the event and proceed by 8:00 PM to the “Feed My Starving Children” event.
Note that there will be pizza at ICEV right after the “Proud To Be A Muslim” event. We would encourage parents to pick up pizza and have kids eat pizza in the car while driving :) For more information, you may visit: http://www.icev.org
2- “Feed My Starving Children” event which is Friday, February 7th 8:30 – 10:00 PM happening for ICEV FNO students and parents. We have 180 spots reserved for the FNO group.
Here are the details of the “Feed My Starving Children” reservation & guide.
- The event has been reserved especially for ICEV FNO
- Located in: Mesa Fiesta Power Center. You must arrive there by 8:20 PM.
- Address: Mesa Fiesta Power Center, 1345 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210 (Alma School & Southern)
- Group Name: ICEV FNO
- Date and Time: Friday, February 7th, 8:30 PM – 10:00PM
- Phone: (480) 626-1970
- Website: https://www.fmsc.org/
Feed My Starving Children® is a non-profit organization empowering volunteers to pack meals for the malnourished in nearly 70 countries, hungry in body and spirit. Their approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and they ship these meals to their distribution partners. FMSC meals have reached nearly 70 countries around the world in our history.
We highly encourage you and your kids to participate and we look forward to seeing you.
This is not a drop off event as they have a ratio of adults/students and parents are required to stay the whole event to meet the ratio and other members of the family are welcome to attend as long as you meet the requirement.
Jewelry Policy: to comply with FDA requirements, no jewelry is allowed in the general food packing area. Please remind your group to not bring or be prepared to remove all necklaces, earrings, watches and rings (wedding bands allowed). In addition, medical alert bracelets may be worn.
Ratio: students to adults if bringing a school/youth group
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult
Other General Info:
- If someone has been sick (ie. Nausea, vomiting, fever) in the last 24-48 hours, they can’t pack food with us
- No food, drink, bags, purses, etc. are allowed in the packing area. We have lockers that people can put items in.
- We use Soy as our protein source. It is an allergen. If someone knows they are allergic to Soy, we can have them label bags and not pack at a table.
- We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your packing session. This gives time to check-in on the computers, grab a hair net, remove jewelry and find a seat prior to orientation.
- Children need to be at least 5 years old to be back in the packing room/at the tables. If you are bringing children younger than five, we can set them up with adult supervision, in our orientation room to label our food bags.
- Please note: Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (an adult is someone 18 years of age or older).
- We highly recommend all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes. If you volunteer in the warehouse, closed-toed shoes will be required. Otherwise, please come in clean, comfortable clothes.
- Also, please visit the following link to adhere to the volunteer requirement.
- Volunteering policies
- Allergy information
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan,